Thursday

I love birthdays!

For Doug's birthday I surprised him with a trip to South Carolina to see his twin sister graduate from Marine boot camp - on their birthday(how cool is that)! He had no idea where he was going until the night before we left, when I gave him this:

The card says:
"You've been waiting so long to find out where you're going,
but unless you can connect the dots you'll go one more night without knowing.
No matter how hard you push I'll still keep it a secret;
rather than telling you now I'll break it down into pieces.

1: Pack a few layers, don't be silly;
it wont get below zero, but it will be chilly.
2: We're leaving the state and you'll soon know why-
there may be a few rocky roads we pass by.
3: I know that you think you're so smart and witty,
but our destination is about 700 miles from New York City.
4: We're driving the car 8 hours away,
Key West would be a blast, but not for this birthday.
5: The options for cruises were good & plenty,
but this test that was passed, isn't passed by many.
6: There will be hugs & kisses and celebration to come,
if you haven't guessed yet then you're sh*t outta luck!"